Re: [vox] two amusing sights on hwy101

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> Hehe.. thanks.  I didn't mind going through SF.  I miss that area.

oh.. OK.. the main thing is you avaoided the major suckage that is 880.

> I also was able to stop by IKEA in Emeryville. :)

always a bonus... now if only the folks in East Palo Alto could get over
their objections, we could get one closer to here... although that doesn't
help you guys much :)
Stephen, start a campaign to get Ikea to move to Cowtown^WVacaville...
perhaps they could put it over at the Nut Tree now that they've gotten rid
of that pesky Renaissance Faire. ;)

> Ah!  Didn't realize anyone from LUGOD came.  What did you think of the Z?

Yeah, I was there - i was the guy looking very lost in the Linux.ie fleece
jacket and polo shirt :) although, I didn't see much of it. I got the
literature, the flingers and caught a sneak peek as one of the Sharplings
there held his under a stack of brochures. From the ad that they ran on
the big screen, it looks pretty cool... wireless web browsing with
Opera... mmm.

So, tell us more... is it cool? did you get to play with it? do you want
one (not that I'm buying or anything)? how much? how hackable is it? will
it play a part in my grand plan for an in car entertainment system?

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-646-772-5141 (cell) .