Re: [vox] Linux on PPC

Hi Gabe,
	My g3 PB happily runs linux ppc 2000 Q4.  I guess that is a
2.2.18 kernel--kinda old, but I don't use it much.  I have the CD's
which you're welcome to use.  I have heard a lot of good things about
ydl, though.
	The hardest part about the install was fooling around with
the bootloader.  I used BootX, but there are other options out there.
Bootx was just the first thing that worked for me.   You might want
to take a look at http://penguinppc.org/projects/benh/ and
http://penguinppc.org/ in general.
	What sort of things will your friend be doing with the
laptop? Which G3 pb is it? Bronze keyboard? White apple logo?
Laters,
Nick