Re: [vox] interesting...

begin: speck@blkmtn.org <speck@blkmtn.org> quote
> Did you miss the Slashdot articles on COPA last year?

you expect me to remember a /. article from last year?   you must have more
respect for me than i deserve.   ;)

> If LEGO collects ANY information from children, they HAVE to have proof of
> parental consent.  Now, how do you have PROOF of parental consent when it's
> online and there are no standards or acceptable way of proving it?
>
> There's lots of other stuff pro and con too.

that's nonsense.  i've ordered *plenty* of catalogs off the net.  i ordered a
beer brewing catalog off the net.   so i can get a beer making supply catalog
via email, but not a catalog for a child's toy?   that's pretty screwy.

i don't see why lego couldn't just dump the information into the trash after
sending the catalog.   clearly, they must be selling information to other
companies...   that's b*llsh!t.

pete