[vox] Own business?

Just wondering about going on my own, anyone got any ideas on the best way? I
hate to run my own, prefer not to, but...

Anyway the idea I have is not consultancy and its not hardware as such. In
fact its very people orientated. Only problem I maybe accused of helping
students fail exams :). Pretty sure it will work. It will involve
competitions and it will involve computers of course.

But wondering if anyone has any advice on setting up a business for the first
time.

Matt
PS Sorry about sending to this list, but know there are some self employed
people out there.