[vox] DeCSS injunction Reversed In Calif. Case

[vox] DeCSS injunction Reversed In Calif. Case

(From Slashdot)

  A court of appeal just ruled in our favor, overturning the injunction
  imposed by a lower court. The court's opinion is available in DOC and
  PDF versions. It's a great read for those who want to really understand
  the case. The conclusion is nicely summarized with this quote:

    'In the case of a prior restraint on pure speech, the hurdle is
    substantially higher [than for an ordinary preliminary injunction]:
    publication must threaten an interest more fundamental than the
    First Amendment itself. Indeed, the Supreme Court has never upheld a
    prior restraint, even faced with the competing interest of national
    security or the Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial.'

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/11/01/1953236&mode=nocomment