Re: [vox] the windows XP talk at UCD

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote
> > But let's not get too smug, kids.  Last night's presentation make it
> > crystal clear that Linux is light-years ahead of XP.  But if there's one
> > thing the history of technology shows is, it's that marketing wins over
> > tech superiority.
>

> Yeah. <sigh>  Hence Atari 2600, Game Boy, Apple II, and IBM PCs.  :^(
> (Of these, I actually love the 2600... the rest are utter crap)

uhhh...

the apple II was the true hacker's computer.
the atari 2600 and gameboy are game machines.
the ibm pc was good enough to launch the x86 architecture on a world tour
    that has lasted 2 decades.

whatever you've been smoking, bill, it's some powerful stuff.  you need to go
easier on it.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002