Re: [vox] Agenda VR3 $119 at Fry's

i'd like to point out:

tigerdirect has an awful, consumer unfriendly return policy.  i would loathe
   to give them any business.  basically, returns are for broken merchandise
   only.  no satisfaction guarentee.

otoh, half the stuff at frys are returns from "billy bob doe" who probably
   spilled beer on the equipment before returning it.  and i've DEFINITELY
   found stuff that had no "returned" sticker on it, but it was obviously a
   return.

which one would YOU buy from?   i'm still trying to decide...

oh, also, the fact that the agenda has a standard ir and rs232 port in
addition to an "agenda peripheral port" means that people can still develop
hardware easily for the agenda, even if the company goes bellly up tomorrow.

pete (who's getting one.  just not sure from where)

begin: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> quote

> I just called Fry's Electronics to find out whether Agenda VR3 PDAs (they
> run Linux!) there have dropped in price from $249 to $119.
> (They're also available for that price from TigerDirect.com)
>
> Now... hopefully this just means that Agenda will be coming out with some
> newer, better models, like the previously-planned VR3r's and VR5's, but
> it could also be 'final call' for the company, too. <:^(
>

> Fortunately, though... all* of their software is Open Source, and in fact
> a lot of it has been adopted by the folks running Linux on Compaq iPAQ PDAs...
>
> And with a new Linux-based PDA being announced almost every month lately,
> the spirit will definitely live on. :)
>

> For those unaware, there's a Fry's located off the Northgate exit of
> Reno-80, about 30 mins east of Davis.
>

> -bill!
>
> * - Except "PMON," the bootloader.  And this was for a practical reason...
>     break PMON and you're left with a brick / paper-weight. :)

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002