Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

> I will show up to ask to ask annoying questions, one of my favorite
> activities is heckeling.  Here's a few questions to fire off.
>
> "Does Windows XP detect removal of hardware and give you the option to
> remove the settings for it?"
>
> "Have you added any sort of journaled filesystem support to avoid annoying
> scandisks?"
>
> "Does XP have to reboot to change network settings?"
>
> feel free to add to these, and add awnsers, since I haven't tried Win XP
> and don't know too much about it.

One important one, although non-technical:

"If I buy the full edition, how much will I have to pay each year to keep its
subscription going?"

Maybe add on, if he answers it:

"If I fail to pay, will I be able to get my data off the disk OK?"

"If I use an old piece of hardware that does not have XP drivers for it, will
it work?"

"How does it compare to Gnome, Kde2 or Blackbox?" Ok, maybe not that one :).

"Are themes easy to come, and is it easy to personalize the desktop to the
way you want".

Sure others have more....

Matt