Re: [vox] the windows XP talk at UCD

On Thu, 15 November 2001, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> He only gave you a visual aspect of the "security" and could not answer your
> question, most probably an MCSE.....
>
> Matt

So, are you saying that because he was unknowledgable or incompetnet he must have been an MCSE?  I'm an MCSE, are you saying that I am unknowledgable or incompetent as a general statement/slander?

That's like saying, "Oh, he had a car accident?  He must have had a drivers license."

Now, I will admit to knowing a few "paper MCSE's".  I also know several very skilled proffessionals who  also happen to be MCSE's.  Just as I know some bright people without college degrees and some idiots with college degrees.

Dude, if you are going to denigrate a person because he was a) an idiot, b) unprepared, c)setup or d)just along for the ride, then do so individually, not as a stereotypical group, 'cause everyone knows what raving lunatics Linux fans are, just look at the hate mail this will probably generate.... right?

-sp