Re: [ryan@mother.com: Re: [vox] E-mail addresses munged on members page]

On Saturday 10 November 2001 09:45 pm, you wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > > I'm not gonna even go in to the fun that can be had with javascript ;)
> >
> > Ok, I lied, I needed this for somthing else anyway.
> > I whiped up a quick perl script that escpaes STDIN
> > then slaps it into document.write commands.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry... I vow never to use JavaSc quick perl script that escpaes STDIN
>
> > then slaps it into document.write commands.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry... I vow never to use JavaSc quick perl script that escpaes STDIN
>
> > then slaps it into document.write commands.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry... I vow never to use JavaSc quick perl script that escpaes STDIN
>
> > then slaps it into document.write commands.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry... I vow never to use JavaSc quick perl script that escpaes STDIN
>
> > then slaps it into document.write commands.
>
> <snip>
>
> Sorry... I vow never to use JavaScript in any way that makes accessing
> content on a website or navigating it difficult for JavaScriptless
> browsers. (Be them browsers unable to handle JS, or browsers with JS
> disabled)
>
> No exceptions for LUGOD.org. :)
>
> -bill!

heh, well I don't expect you to.  I've used javascript links before on my
webpage, but I make sure to include a graphic or link to a form in noscript
tags.  Just munging the addresses should be fine.  The kiosks at the DHS
library have javascript compleaty disabled for security reasons, and often I
find sites that DON'T WORK AT ALL without it. It really sucks. anyone that
makes somthing that only works in javascript and offers no functional
non-javascript equivilant should have thier fingers cut off.