[vox] microsoft extravaganza

What:       Microsoft Speaks About Windows XP to UCD CS club
When:       November 14   7-8
Where:      Kleiber, Room 3,  next to Briggs, Parking Lot 26. and Storer
              West of Wellman
Why:       Free Windows software give-away.  Free pizza.  Guaranteed laughs.

Attendees:  Tom Burnett       <tom@gamerzday.com>
            Douglas Barbieri  <doug@dooglio.net>
            Alexandra Thorn   <amthorn@ucdavis.edu>
            Nicole Carlson    <nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu>
            Ryan              <ryan@mother.com>
            Rhonda Bailey     <rfbailey@zworld.com>
            Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>

            Feel free to attend!  The more the merrier.  Please email me if
				        you plan on going.

Some questions to ask.   Print this list and take it with you (thanks Rod!):

1. Why are the communists from the open software movement getting a
      journaling filesystem before users of Microsoft XP?

2. Why is Windows XP so much slower than Windows 2000?  Refer to:
    http://www.infoworld.com/articles/tc/xml/01/10/29/011029tcwinxp.xml

3. Don't you think it's pretty obnoxious to use the XP launch
    to ram Passport down our throats?  See:
    http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/01/10/08/011008oplivingston.xml

4. Why do I have to agree to be spammed in order to use Passport?
    See above link.

5. Why does XP come with only a 4-year-old version of Java?
    See above link.

6. Why is XP dropping support for Netscape-style plugins in IE?
    See above link.

7. Why do I have to contact Microsoft in order to install XP?

8.  Exactly what hardware can I upgrade in my computer without
	 having to get permission from Microsoft?  Hard drive?  Video card?
	 Motherboard?  Others?  Under what conditions exactly will I have to buy a
	 new copy of XP?  (Note: I don't know the answers to these.)

9. I noticed in the September 28 PC World that four consumer
	advocacy groups, including Consumers Union and The Consumer Federation of
	America, are warning that XP will cause "significant harm" to consumers.
	Why hasn't Microsoft responded to that?  See:
	http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/industry/09/28/windows.xp.report.idg/index.html

Notes
=====
1. Microsoft buys us pizza for dinner.
2. Don't forget to tape this week's 'enterprise'.
3. Look innocent.  Act like a Microsoft supporter.
4. The passphrase to find each other is "My computer just crashed".  Anyone
   saying this will be a lugod'er.  or  windows user.   :)
5. I might be wearing a beret.