Re: [vox] I'm Trying to Love Linux...

As a general tip for getting info related to apps and
hardware with Linux, go to:

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

and search in newsgroups "comp.os.linux.*".

My understanding is that WP8 is hard to install on recent
distros because it links to outdated libraries; but it can
be done.  I don't have experience with more recent WP
versions.  I suspect you'll have better luck with
StarOffice.

Or even better, learn LaTeX.  There's also a GUI front-end
for it called LyX that's pretty cool.

Also AbiWord is worth a look.  KOffice isn't ready for prime
time yet, but bears watching.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/