Re: [vox] Linux talk?

On Sunday 18 November 2001 11:20 pm, you wrote:
> perhaps we should do a "hands on" linux demo at ucd?  show people they can
> write their papers and do spreadsheets and such?
>
> pete

That would be a good start, but a formal presentation and talk might be an
interesting area to explore too. Keep thinking that a morre snazzy style
presentation on the capabilites of Linux might be fun also. But this could be
expensive.

Checking http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/linux/fun/ it would be great if
these could be shown as they probably bring a little bit of humor into any
presentation that might be nice to do someday. Would we get any sponsership
for doing it? I'd do a speach to get my hands on an IBM server running Linux
anyday (have to sneak it in somewhere).

Matt