Re: [vox] rotating text under linux

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> So, I was sitting here bashing Microsoft and Brian Lavender started
> playing devil's advocate.  He made the claim "yeah, but you can't rotate
> text in X."  I looked at Dia and, lo, and behold!, the FAQ says you can't
> rotate text because neither X nor GTK+ support it.

What do you mean by "rotate text"?  Like rotate text under console or
title bar?  That's not something Windows can do, either.  And if you mean
like rotating text under GIMP, I just tried it a second ago.

-Mark (knows TeX and rotates, shifts, kerns, and flips anythings he wants)

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/