Re: [vox] (fwd) Microsoft Tech Talk on Windows XP

On Sunday 11 November 2001 05:01 pm, you wrote:
> On Sunday 11 November 2001 04:38 pm, you wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > so far it's only a few maybes.   sounds like it won't be happening.  :(
> >
> > If you get together what you consider a large enough group,
> > I will turn my maybe into a yes, but being new to this, I
> > can't promise that I will bring a whole lot of heckling fodder
> > necessarily.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Alex
Count me in.  It's either go heckle or work... and lord knows I hate work
(Windows Sys Admin) :).

> I will show up to ask to ask annoying questions, one of my favorite
> activities is heckeling.  Here's a few questions to fire off.
>
> "Does Windows XP detect removal of hardware and give you the option to
> remove the settings for it?"
>
> "Have you added any sort of journaled filesystem support to avoid annoying
> scandisks?"
"No, but blah blah blah NTFS, blah blah blah" :)

> "Does XP have to reboot to change network settings?"

"No. Building on the innovation and rebustness of Windows 2000, the need to
reboot for such trival things as a change of network settings has been
eliminated."

> feel free to add to these, and add awnsers, since I haven't tried Win XP
> and don't know too much about it.

If you've ever seen Windows 2000 and Windows XP... You'll notice XP is just a
dumbed (way) down version of 2000.

My friend had Mac OS X and Windows XP running side by side (same desk)
yesterday... Mac OS X is very sexy :).  XP is... lame.  Completely different
attitude between the two.

-Tom
tlburnett@ucdavis.edu
tom@gamerzday.com