Re: WD HDs (was Re: [vox] Hard Drives are cheap...)

Re: WD HDs (was Re: [vox] Hard Drives are cheap...)

For one simple reason, it's a good idea to keep the kernel you have: Don't
mess with the kernel that works!  Honestly, I've never noticed performance
improvement from custom compilation, and I like to keep things as modules
anyway so I can pass configuration parameters and load/unload them as I
need/don't-need them as I upgrade my hardware.  I'll recompile if need to,
but at the moment there's no need to recompile just to get some
performance improvement I'm too blunt to notice.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/