[vox] [support@sonic.net: MOTD updated Fri Oct 5 11:49:27 PDT 2001]

I love Sonic.net. :)  They have a problem... they fix it... they tell
their users.

----- Forwarded message from Support Group <support@sonic.net> -----

Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:49:27 -0700
From: Support Group <support@sonic.net>
Subject: MOTD updated Fri Oct  5 11:49:27 PDT 2001
To: motd@lists.sonic.net

__[ http://www.sonic.net/motd ]__( Sonic System News )_________

Fri Oct  5 11:45:19 PDT 2001 -- When we upgraded our mail server software
   on bolt (shell) we introduced a bug that caused a small percentage
   of mail sent from bolt to get stuck in the queue.

   We have replaced the mail server software with a new version and processed
   the old messages.  Most were delivered, those that were undeliverable were
   returned to the sender.

   In order to avoid this in the future we are implementing a warning system
   that will notify our OPS team in the event of excessively old messages or
   an excessive number of undelivered messages in the queue.

   We apologize for the inconvenience.  -Russ

<snip>