Re: [vox] Semi OT - Enterprise

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Melissa wrote:

> > I recorded tonight's episode (thank you for not giving away spoilers,
> > btw.)
>
> Ack!  Ok, well, there's this longish scene where the captain and Malcolm
> walk around a cave with flashlights.  The music is very energetic, but
> really, it's just two guys in a cave with flashlights.  (That's not too
> much of a spoiler is it?)

Too late!  I just finished the episode! :)

My taping stopped right after the preview of next week's episode.  So I
guess no Linux commercial for me... :(

Two guys in a cave with flashlights *is* dramatic when there are people
chasing 'em and you don't know who they are and whether they're gonna get
out and is wondering how the heck T'pal's tricorder can figure out things
and theirs can't and then why they don't all use the vulcan tricorders or
at least make theirs better or how the heck she has vulcan issue
tricorders when she uses earth pistols, and by that time you realize the
captain's out of the cave and why one of his men is stuck in there and you
think about how badly you'd feel if you were a captain in charge of
someone and that someone was left behind and you'd wanna trade places if
you could but can't and....

You know how the waiting makes the phone conversation with your loved one
that much sweeter?  Thinking about her (or him) as you're waiting by
the phone, wondering what she'll say this time around, whether she is
thinking about you, wondering whether she'll even call, or whether she
feels the same way about you as you do.  What is she wearing
today or did she go to work as she normally does, counting every minute
and second because you wanna hear that phone ring but that darn thing
doesn't and all you feel like is screaming but you know you can't because
the neighbors might start knocking on the door, and that'd be horrible
because then you'd have to answer that door and you wouldn't be able to
answer her call, so you keep yourself calm for that call but all you can
do is wait because it's still not ringing.

It's the drama...

-Mark (needs to get out more)

--
Mark K. Kim