Re: [vox] Semi OT - Enterprise

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> Ok, so tonight's episode of "Enterprise" was a /little/ better.
> Still not quite compelling, and definitely WAY too slow.

okay, mister... you get minus brownie points for dissing enterprise...

Actually, I *like* the "slowness", which I call "drama".  Did I ever tell
anyone my favorite genre of shows is Sci-fi Drama?  There aren't enough of
'em so I generally watch either Sci-fi or Drama, but Enterprise has come
pretty close to a Sci-fi Drama so I like it.  Now, the previous Star Treks
weren't so Drama-ish.  I like this new turn of style...

I see this series as a story about the first explorers of space, not as
another Star Trek series.  Another Star Trek series would have been lame
and old.  This is new and exciting :)

> HOWEVER, I think the BEST part of the episode was the commercial after
> it was over.  I was in the kitchen getting water at the time, and all I had
> heard of it so far was someone yelling "they stole our servers!"
> until Melissa started screaming "LINUX! LINUX!" :)

I recorded tonight's episode (thank you for not giving away spoilers,
btw.)  I'll watch out for the commercial.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/