Re: [vox] eBay - - don't call us

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, John McDonnell wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Donald Dunn wrote:
> > You cannot find a phone # on eBay's site anywhere.
> apparently the information is available somewhere... my wife found it by
> googling for "ebay contact info" a while back.

You could always be unkind and contact their acct payable people for the
real contact number:

(Of course, this is probably an answering machine, or voice mailbox that
is never answered.)
$ whois ebay.com
[snip]
Registrant:
eBay, Inc. (EBAY-DOM)
   2005 E. Hamilton Ave., Ste. 350
   San Jose, CA 95125
   US

   Domain Name: EBAY.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
      Accounts Payable  (DA4751-ORG)  hostmaster@EBAY.COM
      eBay Inc.
      2125 Hamilton Ave
      San Jose, CA 95125