[vox] Fiber to my door!

Well, I now have high speed internet. WinFirst has
been digging around in my neigborhood (South Natomas)
long enough. After a day of install work, I have
broadband (about 7-8MB), telephone and cable in one
package. The data and telephone stream are carried on
fiber to the house, the cable is on coax from a
neighborhood switch.

The only down side...no usenet server at WinFirst. Did
I really need those binary groups? At least the text
groups are carried by Dejanews.

In other good news about this, I was able to set up my
Linux to work with this. I have a hardware
router/firewall doing DHCP for me. Once I set the
Linux box for DHCP and entered the DNS addresses, we
were off!

Now to download Redhat 7.2 ...

Marc Hasbrouck