[vox] Linux Game Publishing

Just in case some of you don't know this already, a new Linux games
publishing company has recently formed, but we do not know what two
titles they are releasing yet.

Here is a reply I got from them:

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry. Some of the questions we cannot answer, but I
will answer what I can.

We have been in formation for the last 6 months or so, and have been
negotiating our first two contracts in that time. When the time was
coming close to our first product announcement, we made our opening
announcement.

We are a privately held company, and every director has been a
dedicated Linux user for a number of years. We aren't a corporate
trying to 'cash in' on Linux, we are gamers that want more games.

We know that the market is terrible for all tech companies right now,
and Linux is not immune to this. We intend to bring a steady stream of
games to market and keep you all entertained. We are NOT targetting
the AAA titles, we will leave that to Loki. We beleive that this is a
flawed business model at this time, as the costs are too high. We are
aiming to publish A grade titles (and B grade that we enjoy playing
ourselves) and we are also very much interested in helping open source
groups get their games into stores, and in helping commercial
companies produce original titles for Linux (especially titles that
are not available for windows).
I will give you a little information we have not yet given out yet, in
that neither of our upcoming titles are First Person games. Both have
won various 'Game of the Year' awards. One is from 2000 and one from
2001.

None of this information is confidential, please feel free to pass it
on.

Thanks
--
Linux Game Publishing Press