Re: [vox] Spam counter-measures

On 19 Oct 2001 23:37:07 -0700, Henry House wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 06:33:55PM -0700, Ryan wrote:
> > I really hate spam. I have been piping all my spam through ricochet for 3
> > months ( http://vipul.net/ricochet/ ) but still get about 120K/month of spam.
> > Anyone have any other good automatic spam tracers they wanna share?
>
> There is an O'Reilly books on stopping spam in the Library.

Ever tried contacting their ISP's, once I got so mad at one particular
obnoxious spammer I looked at the headers and tracked down their ISP and
found an e-mail address, so sent the offending e-mail to the provider,
who in turn stopped providing service to these individuals. Got a friend
who actually tracks down their telephone numbers and gives them a
call...

Matt