Re: [vox] SSSCA

On 19 Oct 2001 18:34:40 -0700, John McDonnell wrote:
> On 19 Oct 2001, StarTux wrote:
>
> > www.slashdot.org
>
> gnaaaargh! pet peeve time!
> The whole point of slashdot is that you say it without the www...
> as in http://slashdot.org - http:///..org -
> aitch tee tee pee colon slash slash slash dot dot org
>
> it's a pun, see?
>
> could've been worse - you could've used www.slashdot.com
>
> johnmc.
> --
>  . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-296-0697 (home) .
>  . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-646-772-5141 (cell) .
>  .  the newest mcdonnell: http://patrick.bucketchild.net  .
> --

http://slashdot.org

Hmmm, guess been around too many newbies for too long. Any help groups,
apart from BOFH? Little slip ups can combine into big ones, yikes.

Seriously, had to help some guy who wanted to insert a jpeg into a plain
text file at Kinko's, despite me telling him this was not possible he
tried when I wasn't around (then said, "oh it doesn't work!"). Its
depressing.

If I don't get a tech job soon I'll be going nuts...Maybe too late for
that now though :(.

Matt