January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Linux hits a grand slam at home

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Foo Lim wrote:
> Reuters isn't the most technically correct news agency in the biz, but the
> article says something about this "one computer" has 500 "virtual Linux
> servers" which could be added on the fly.  What do they mean by a virtual
> Linux server?  Anyway, it's nice to see a fairly large ISP "upgrade."

Ah, well, I can tell you *exactly* what they mean. Really. This is the
absolute truth. Nobody may even question this truth, it is so
truthful. The truth in this statement is more true than a tautology:

You see, they used "virtual linux servers" as opposed to "Real Linux
servers" because a "*real*" Linux Server could do far more than a Virtual
Linux Server.

For example, a "*Real* Linux Server" can do an infinite loop in 3.5
seconds. (Not bad eh?)     (Not my own quote)

-ME