Re: [vox] miracle on alvarado ave

I've actually been looking around at these cable/DSL boxes and many
people have seemed to have a bad experience with Linksys boxes. You
may want to check around some websites at other options. I'm right now
leaning towards the Netgear RO318, which has stateful packet inspection
firewalling (along with NAT) and goes on $160 sales occasionally
at Frys.
I've found practicallynetworked.com to have several informative reviews.

You could also probably find user opinions at cnet.com and epinions.com.

At Friday, 14 September 2001, you wrote:

>(of course, i have no router, need to get something network, and
am late
>for work...  but i've been told to grab a linksys befsr41 4-port router
>'magicbox,' so i'm hitting fry's this evening, and should be LAN'd by
>late tonight!)

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com        telnet://mud.malevolence.com:3000