[vox] Soyo Dragon & Sound Article

[with thanks to Rod Road for point to Advance Search Google]

amily>ArialTop of Form 1

_Times New Romanigger> ____Times New Roman Advanced Groups Search Groups Help   _Search all groups >_Search the Web
ly>ArialBottom of Form 1
_Times New Romanigger> The "AND" operator is unnecessary -- we include all search terms by default. [details]

Groups search result 1 for Linux and Soyo Dragon

Search Result 1  From: Dan Kegel (0000,0000,FF00dank@kel.com) Subject: dragon and linux: got sound working, but cd audio screwed?  Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo  View: (This is the only article in this thread) | Orinal Format  Date: 2001-09-02 23:10:55 PST    Bought a Soyo Dragon SY-K7V at Fry's. ($270 for the therboard plus
a 1.4 GHz Athlon. Sounded good to me.)

Died after less than an hour-- bad motherboard. Fry's replaced it.

I then got the sound working under linux by downloading vanilla 2.4.9
and futzing a bit; didn't need to get the driver from the vendor,
vanilla 2.4.9 worked ok.

My writeup is at http://www.kegel.com/linux/soyo-drag.html

Sound is pretty good. Can't play CD's, even though it works under Windows.
Has anyone else gotten that working?

Haven't tried to see if NIC and raid work yet.

- Dan

--
"I have seen the future, and it licks itself clean." -- Bucky Katt
st a follow-up to this message

Google Web Directory - 0000,0000,FF00param>Cool Jobs
- Advertise with Us - Add Google to Your Site - Google in Your Langua - 0000,0000,FF00All About Google

 2001 Google

here's the link, if too much is missing:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Linux+and+Soyo+Dragon&hl=esafe=off&r num=1&selm=3B931F31.33E6CCB1%40kegel.com

__o Traveling down _'\<,_ Life's Bike Trail... (*)/ (*) Do you like Biking? http://members.accessbee.com/hwy101