January 6: Social gathering

[vox] You like privacy? You like freedoms? You like non-key-escrow-encry

[vox] You like privacy? You like freedoms? You like non-key-escrow-encryptionand/or no government backdoor access to your data?

Hello,

With the wake of the WTC, etc. event of late, ripples in the ocean of our
freedoms (such as privacy) are being examined by our government.

You may wish to read something a friend of mine forwarded to me on
"SSSCA" and the propostion to :

' ...the proposed "Security Systems Standards and Certification Act"
(SSSCA), which would force all new consumer electronics devices and
personal computers to have government-mandated "policeware" built-in.

This proposed policeware would restrict what we can and cannot do with our
own personal computers in our own homes and businesses. Any person who
disables this policeware would be subject to five years in federal prison
and a $500,000 fine.'

If you do not like this proposition, you may want to check out:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/petition.html

for more information on signing the petition.

Consumer electronic devices would seem to include things like the VR3,
PalmPilot, and other devices that run Linux. If this passes, use of CFS,
or PGP on these device could possibly be taken to court and argued as
'disabling the built-in policeware' by making its backdoor functions more
difficult to use in getting your personal data.

-ME