Re: [vox] Ms license laugh

Slashdot had an update.

The prohibition is evidently tied to use of the FrontPage logo on a web page, not use of Front Page to post articles.  Use of a copyrighted or trademarked logo can 'probably' be enforced in a court.

In the meantime, Front Page has a decent interface that enables it to be used.  It, like many MS products, is commonly available and relatively easy to use.  The fact that it is limited and does not allow a person to do a lot of things, does not prevent people who do not want to become web developers from doing a lot with it.

That said, I currently use a fraction of the capabilities of Dreamweaver, and am currently looking into some Linux solutions for long term site maintenence.

Oh, does anyone know of a Linux web site management tool that can post using FrontPage extentions.  One of the sites I maintain will ONLY allow posting with FrontPage.  No ftp/whatever access, so I build with Dreamweaver and post with FrontPage, it's getting annoying.

-sp