Re: [vox] Help with Regular Expression?

It is indeed for a Perl script that I'm working on.  I'm not a Perl
programmer by any stretch of the imagination but I can hammer things out
when I have to.  If Perl is the duct tape of the Internet, then I'm the guy
who uses up a whole roll to fix a single leaky joint.

At any rate, Henry's regexp worked perfectly!  I did have to replace $1
with $2 in the replacement string, but I am indeed indebted to those who
helped out.

And next time I'll be sure to send this sort of question to vox-tech.  ;)

At 01:49 PM 9/28/2001, you wrote:
>This is going to vary a lot depending on the tool used and what you define
>to be a string.
>
>Here's an example that's really ugly but works with under Red Hat
>7.1.  But I think
>learning Perl is going to be your best bet for things like this.
>
>cat myfile | sed -e 's/\(^\| \)\([^A ]\)/\1A\2/g' | sed -e 's/\([^A ]\)\(
>
>-- Rod

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K
invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"