[vox] [JOB] Transmeta: Tools Engineer

Hi, folks.  There's an opening in my group for a Tools Engineer.  If
you give me your resumes, and you get hired because of me, I'll get
$3k, so by all means  ;)

The description is below.  I wouldn't take the "Musts" too literally -
they are an ideal, and one that I feel we are unlikely to find.  In
particular, I doubt the job will be using Python or Lisp very much,
but C, C++ and Perl are used extensively.  During the 6 months I've
worked here, the guy who had this job (still in company, changed
depts.) was doing the majority of his work on Linux - actually, his
job is very similar to mine.  You'd be working with me quite a lot,
too.  Do expect to do a fair amount of Windows work too, though, since
the need will arise from time to time.  It is impossible to predict
our future projects, so there may even be times when you are working
on Windows more than on Linux - take heart, though, because everyone
in your group are Linux freaks, and will avoid Windows work whenever
possible.

I'm not suggesting that this be posted on the jobs board, because the
position will be filled ASAP.  Bill, if you decide it should be posted
anyway, just let me know so that I can tell you when it's been filled.

>From http://www/about/careers/positions/jce0136224r_csesiliconlabtoolsengineer.html:

Jobs at Transmeta

CSE Silicon Lab Tools Engineer

Job Code: E0136224r
Department: Customer Support Engineering

Job Description:
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and
developing "High Visibility" software tools for both internal and
external customers. We are looking for a talented software engineer
who wants to be part of a dynamic team where things are done the right
way. Other responsibilities include:

    * Writing functional specifications
    * Coding new applications and tools
    * Continuing Engineering

Sometimes assuming the ownership and maintenance of existing tools
will entail redesign and reimplementation, while in other cases the
focus will be more on documentation and polishing. Excellent verbal
and written communications skills are essential.

Skills/Qualifications:
        Musts:

    * 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
    * Programming languages: C, C++, Perl, Python, Lisp
    * Debugging: xdb, gdb, or dbx
    * Operating systems: Unix/Linux, Windows
    * Strong software engineering lifecycle experience

        Preferred:

    * Technical leadership ability
    * Good understanding of Human Computer Interface issues (ie,
    * usability)
    * Strong communication skills
    * Operating systems: Solaris

Education:
Bachelor of Science or Masters in Computer Science or related field
required.

To Apply
Send your resume via email to in plain text or HTML format in the body
of the message -- no attachments please.