Re: [vox] Help with Regular Expression?

This is going to vary a lot depending on the tool used and what you define to be a string.

Here's an example that's really ugly but works with under Red Hat 7.1.  But I think
learning Perl is going to be your best bet for things like this.

cat myfile | sed -e 's/\(^\| \)\([^A ]\)/\1A\2/g' | sed -e 's/\([^A ]\)\( \|$\)/\1A\2/g'

-- Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/