Re: [vox] L.A.R.T

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Tom wrote:

> So, is the 'Donation' for Rescue by the LARTs based up on Time there?
> (if so, what is the rate?)
>
> Thanks

It's also kind of nice to feed them, too :)  I received LERT assistance a
couple of years ago, and didn't have much cash, but since that time have
given what I can to LUGOD through volunteer-type efforts.  I helped with
updating the members list, I bake cookies for installfests, etc.  You
should "donate" what you can -- be it money, time, or a bit of both.

I've run into this "problem" before with services provided in return for
voluntary donations.  My rule of thumb is that I give them my hourly pay
for the number of people-hours they volunteer, and/or put in an equivalent
number of my own volunteer hours.

--Christine