Re: [vox] Disturbing copyright

begin: zeruch [Joseph Estevao Arruda] <z@valinux.com> quote
> IANAL,
>
> But that is odd...according to copyright law as I understand it, a
> copyright takes effect the second said material is put into a tangible
> form (however I beleive tangible refers to actually 'readable' - i.e. a
> PDF or .ps file would also qualify).

IANALA (but...)

can that be right?  what about text that has no copyright (like this one).
i thought that copyright took place when you place the copyright notice on
the text.

> I have seen thi stuff occur with albums as well, where the cd comes out
> in October of n and the copywrite date is n+1

really?  that's even more odd, since music is usually written a considerable
amount of time before the artist even commits the work to tape...

don, thanks for my new sig.  :-)

pete

> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > that is disturbing.  very disturbing.   can you post the offending publisher,
> > author and book?
> >
> > it occurs to me that we should get the book on disk and copyright it as 2001.
> >
> > lol!
> > pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002