January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] [ot] Enterprise?

nfs and rune have distracted me today.  :)

if you could somehow add up the quality of the first episodes of stng, stds9
and stv, it wouldn't equal the quality of the ste premier.

all the other premiers, the characters were stiff, actors were uncomfortable
in their roles, and it was obvious the writers didn't have much direction.
frankly, the premier of stng was an embarrasment.  the premier of stv was
painful.  the premier of stds9 was ... was ...  unmemorable.  i'll bet most
people here can't even remember the first episode of ds9.

somebody did their homework with ste.  the actors seemed OK with their roles.
the plot was extremely novel.  i enjoyed learning about the relationship
between vulcans and humans after first contact.  it was exciting and uhhh...
stimulating.  :)

the weakest part of the show was t'pau (is that the same t'pau that we see in
sttos episode 'amok time'?  i think they overdid her character a little.
but it was forgivable considering how great the show was.

considering how st series tend to start bad and get really, really good,
this show has ALOT of potential.

this show is a keeper.  just as long as they change the opening song.

pete

begin: Stephen M. Helms <Mytho_X@pacbell.net> quote
> Since no one has asked yet and Pete did not mention it yet, What did you
> think of the show?

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002