Re: [vox] Set the Clock/Time?

Henry House wrote:
> I like 'rdate', which sets the time from an machine on hte net running a time
> server.
>
> > The command "hwclock" can write the system time into your BIOS clock.
> > I forget the exact syntax.. check the man page. :)
>
> Most distros run this at reboot and shutdown.

I use ntpdate and ntpd; ntpdate runs on boot, once, to synchronize the
time against
my NTP server, and than ntpd runs while the system is up to keep the
clock accurate.
I have 'hwclock -w' set to run hourly from cron to keep the hardware
clock in check.

--
Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
Jr. Unix System Administrator

"...a lion wants to eat an antelope's body, but the antelope has very
different plans for its body. This is not normally regarded as
competition for a resource, but logically it is hard to see why
not." - Richard Dawkins.