January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] forget my previous post

begin: Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> quote
> I wrote:
> > (b) the thermal compound between the fan and heatsink
> > is applied properly...
>
> Sorry, I meant "between the heatsink and CPU".
> It's been a long day.

heh.  i made the mistake of not peeling the film off the first time i saw it.
the cpu kept overheating.  wasn't until i took the computer apart and saw the
compound "squeezed" from the edges of the clear film.

btw, my compound was pink.  :)

sam, i agree fully with rod and foo.  my processor is pretty steady at 54.
when quake3 has been going for awhile, it gets up to 58.  but nothing more.

another thing you might want to try is putting your hottest PCI cards
farthest away from the cpu.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002