Re: [vox] Linux just Quit

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 10:17:42PM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
<snip>
> This is a very strange assertion.  What is your definition of "system"?

Anecdote.. I've only ever seen a Linux system halt completely once or
twice.  (As in, no way to kill X, no way to switch to a text console, and
couldn't even ping remotely (which, BTW, almost always saves me if the
former two problems occur))

FYI, I was fooling around with some 3D game that was doing direct
hardware access... this was around when Voodoo 3 was new, and I'm sure the
kernel drivers for it were buggy. <sigh>