Re: [vox] miracle on alvarado ave

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> Can I run my UPS's software on it so it can shut down my other PCs
> (via Ethernet) if wall power dies?

check out http://exploits.org/nut - *Network* UPS Tools. It's pretty
cool stuff and should communicate with your UPS, assuming it's a well
known brand. I know for certain that it works with APC units but other
manufacturers are also supported.

I really should check back on the progress of the USB support...

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-707-447-4210 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-646-772-5141 (cell) .