Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

Re: [vox] ACM article: 'Study: IT Budgets Opening Up to Linux'

begin: Christine Scobee <cdscobee@ucdavis.edu> quote

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, zeruch countered with something along the lines of:
> > Eric wrote:
>
> > > Get a grasp on
> > > reality,
> >
> > Do you only open your mouth to switch feet, or are you just antagonizing
> > me because you are bored? [...] I think I have
> > an adequate "grasp" (I'll even use both hands if it makes you feel
> > better).
>
> Pete, Do we have time on the next LUGOD agenda for a Z "Mad Dog" Zeruch
> vs. Eric the Egregious steel cage match?  Might be a good fundraiser if we
> do it pay-per-view...

guffaw!!!   christine, that would be an EXCELLENT idea.

unfortunately, i've been trying for months to get both these guys at our
meetings...   ;)   when remington subscribes to vox, and eric and joe
attend meetings on a regular basis, my job here will be done.

> p.s.  I actually found this to be some of the more enlightening bantering
> on vox.  It can actually be helpful to witness an 'in your face' exchange
> of strong opinions.  I just hope that in real life, you guys don't want to
> rip each others' eyeballs out.  Shake hands, ok?

yeah, we don't tolerate cranky people around these parts!   ;*)

btw, in all my years of coding C, i just used a union for the first time.
i feel like celebrating.  :)   also wrote my first lex program.   now the
big trick will be writing the bison companion.  oi vey.

pete