[vox] loki's linux game programming book

[vox] loki's linux game programming book

we have more interest than i had thought; i was sure we'd be ordering 3
copies.  this is fantastic!  here's the list so far:

Linux Users' Group of Davis
Bill Kendrick
Foo Lim
Stephen Helms
Geoffrey Herteg
Takashi Ishihara
Ryan Wahle
Peter Salzman

i'm sure lug-nuts and dgdc will add 1 or 2 more.

if anyone is interested, see www.lokigames.com/products for a description of
their book.  it's basically a book on programming games on linux.  it has an
extensive section on the SDL library, which is what loki uses for most of its
ports.

SDL is a fairly low-level but feature full graphics library.  it is cross
platform(!).  it compiles under windows, mac, a number of different unices
(including AIX, hpux and i think solaris).  oh yeah.  and linux.  it has (or
is getting?) opengl support and has a number of helper libraries that
implement things like true type fonts, sprites, network programming and loads
of others.

the book also goes into sound programming via the openal standard.  and a few
other topics.

it's 40 bucks, but we have a 25% lug discount, so that'll be about $30.

pete