January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Do we want Japanese version of Linux?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:22:25AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> If you don't know, I'm in Japan right now.  Other than cars driving
> on the wrong side of the road making me nervous, I'm doing well.  I'm
> having a lot of fun :)

Fun, fun, fun! I hope you like sushi ;-).

> Anyway, I'm staying in an apartment across from a large electronics store.
> They have some Linux stuff, and I was thinking about picking up a copy of
> Linux for LUGOD.  They're like 3500 yen to 12000 yen depending on which
> version I get (fyi, 1 yen is about 1 cent).  Is there enough interest?  I
> saw two versions for PC (a 3500 yen one and a 12000 yen one... both from
> the same maker, presumably one is more complete than the other) and two
> versions for PPC (again, a 3500 yen one and a 12000 yen one, again by the
> same maker as the PC one.)  Do we need one?  PPC or PC?  I'm on a budget
> so can't get the 12000 yen one but I can certainly pick up one of the
> others.

I'm very interested in a Japanese distro. Actually a Chinese distro would be
even better...perhaps they have those too for the Taiwanese expats? We get a
lot of requests at installfests for Chinese under Linux.

--
Henry House