Re: [vox] lugod website

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:13:05PM -0700, William Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 01:20:18PM -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:
> > 3. Aren't individual still-frames swapped out by a lame JavaScript.
>
> Hehe... Unless you're talking about rollovers, I've never actually
> seen that.

It's actually very handy if you don't like the limitations of GIF -
and you can preload all frames before you actually start rotating
them.  I, of course, don't actually have a problem with this, provided
that it works fine (unanimated of course) with JS turned off.

JS is actually a very handy tool for /enhancing/ a web-page, but too
often it is /enforced/ on a web-page.

Micah