January 6: Social gathering

[vox] Microsoft gets something right

Just wanted to pass on something I learned recently...

I have a web hosting client who was being stymied by
their firewall when trying to ftp up their files.

Noticing that Apache comes with mod_dav, a WebDAV
protocol server, I figured that may be a way around
the problem since it works over HTTP.  I proceeded
to learn more about WebDAV, set it up on the server,
and then started looking for some DAV client software
for the user's Win2K box.

Well it turns out Win2K has DAV support built right
in.  They call it "web folders".  A nice surprise!

-- Rod