Re: [vox] PacBell DSL alternatives

At 09:12 AM 8/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
>
> > This is the last straw.
> >
> > Should I just tell PacBell to bite me and go with Omsoft?
>
>I'm sorry. I can't believe they're such idiots with your account. geez.
>
>I'm going through the same question. I ordered pacbell DSL, since the
>service (when we actually had it!) was always pretty good. However, the
>longer they take to get back to me, the more I'm thinking about cancelling
>the order and going with omsoft.
>
>jessica

I've had nothing but great service through Omsoft. The initial install was
a bit shaky, as the copper was old (and the 2 redundant RJ11 boxes dangling
outside weren't helping, and the fact I left the outside cover plate off
the telco box for the only two days it rained...D'OH!).
I did a self-install, with Omsoft ready to come out and assist. I got the
DSL modem and microfilters three weeks before the line was ready to go.

The two times in the last 11 months I've had a problem, Omsoft went to bat
for me (hmmm...I like the image of someone talking to PacHell with a
bat >:-) and got the problem fixed pronto.

Oh, and for some bizarre reason, AT&T dropped me as a long-distance carrier
when my DSL was hooked up. I think PB illegally stole the line--I forget
the industry term. Next time I called AT&T, they acted like I was a
brand-new customer, forgetting the last 6 years! Thanks, PB!

--john