Re: [vox] PacBell DSL alternatives (fwd)

Re: [vox] PacBell DSL alternatives (fwd)

You very well may want to consider Omsoft anyway. Once you get hooked into
PacBell, they won't just let you transfer your DSL service to another ISP
easily. You have to first cancel the service and then, once it is
disconnected, reactivate it with the new ISP. I know this because I've
been considering a switch from PacBell to Omsoft, and the sales guy (at
Omsoft) wrote me back and told about this caveat. The whole process, he
tells me, can take up to 20 days (if not more) and I think you're offline
for at least a week. What a pain.

Apparently a complaint against this policy is being made to the PUC by
smaller ISPs. Here is a link:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2001/07/31/pucdsl.DTL

And another link:

http://www.patheticbell.com/