Re: [vox] LJ Magazine Poll

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 04:07:44AM -0700, Christine Scobee wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
>
> > Here's where you can participate in Linux Journal magazine's
> > "2001 Readers' Choice Poll":
> >
> >   http://www2.linuxjournal.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl/rc2001/index.html
> >
> > (making sure to vote for his own game "Defendguin," which, sadly, really _is_
> > pretty much his favorite Linux game ;) )
>
> Hmmm, do you actually have to be able to _read_ Linux Journal to vote?

Don't worry, it's really just a poll of "favorite XYZ-type of software",
and has lots of "No Opinion" options. ;)

> Defendguin is the computer game of choice for my 6-year-old son, hooked
> since the age of 4, when he first played this on Drew's laptop to keep
> occupied at a LUGOD meeting.  Unfortunately, all of the pre-schools and
> daycare centers in Davis (that I'm aware of) run MS.

Well, it's written using libSDL, so it's easily portable to Windows
(and Mac, and...)

But... this is a good idea, too :)

>  I'm wondering ...
> any chance of getting some old unused computer set up with Linux (and
> Defendguin, of course) donated to an area daycare center? :)  Wouldn't
> this make a *great* press release?
>
> Christine

(although the game's a little violent (not gorey, though) and is a CPU-hog,
so I'm not sure how well it'll run on slower systems :) )