[vox] [OT] Phoenix BIOS Ad-ware

For anyone considering a motherboard/BIOS upgrade, you may
want to check out this website about the lastest "feature" Phoenix
has developed for their BIOS products.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/Forum5/HTML/006707.html

In brief, it installs an ad-ware like program called PhoenixNet into
your ROM to feed you ads and websites that may "interest" you.
Ran across this on the Slackware forums today. Basically all
major motherboard manufacturers that use Phoenix are planning
to use PhoenixNet.

Here's a link straight to Phoenix's site too.

http://home.phoenixnet.com/about/index.html

This makes me really wish I could afford an Alpha workstation.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com        telnet://mud.malevolence.com:3000