Re: [vox] help

begin: Ray <ryqzhao@ucdavis.edu> quote
> Can anyone tell me how to change the boot sequence on my computer from Linux
> to Windows?

if you use lilo, edit /etc/lilo.conf.  there's a couple of ways to manage
which image gets booted first, so you'll have to read the man page.

> Also, does anyone have any Linux Manual that he or she wants to get rid of?
> (e.g "How to operate the Linux System")

if you want a basic book on linux, you can borrow from our lending library.
see http://www.lugod.org/library.

> Finally, is there a way for me to get a copy of a linux without attending an
> installfest?

we don't normally give out copies of linux at the ifs, but you can borrow a
copy of one of the distros we have in our lending library.  you can burn
copies from our copy.

you can also download the image of any number of distros.

you can also support the linux community by purchasing your own copy of the
distro of choice.

lastly, you can purchase very inexpensive copies of a distro from
cheapbytes.com, but i don't think you get the manual with the order.

hth,

pete