Re: [vox] [OT] junk mail (physical, not UCE)

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i respond to each and every single piece of spam, with absolutely no
> exception.  and i'm relentless.

You also have too much damn free time apparently.

> using nslookup, whois and traceroute, i send
> complaints to loads and loads of people, including 2 or 3 sites upstream from
> the place that sent the spam, dns servers, noc's, the offending host and
> every host which obviously belongs to the same domain that gets listed with
> traceroute.  it's kind of the "this car is insured by smith and wesson" type
> of response.

That would be great if it made a result of any merit.  The only ones I
bother doing that with are ones that look like it is unintentional (i.e.
from a .edu domain, which show up occasionally)
and I can actually assume a reasonable response from an admin.

> haven't had much trouble from .es.  most of my spam is coming from .tw and
> .kr these days.

I was getting a lot from Spain and Korea, with occasional bursts from
Argentina and Romania and Russia.

Joseph Estevao Arruda	|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist	|	www.sourceforge.net
VA Linux Systems	|	www.linux.com